We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

We are flying into SJO 8/31 - 9/7. This will be our honeymoon so we're looking for something nicer then normal. For the first part of it, we want to spend 3-4 days relaxing on a beautiful beach, drinking fancy drinks, being pampered, have massages and maybe do some kayaking with the option to do some in town/off hotel property exploring. Then we plan to spend the next 3 days at Tabacon in the Arenal area. I really need help identifying what would be the best area of Costa Rica (and maybe some hotel recommendations) to spend those first 4 days. I've been researching the Guanacaste region but I can't decide WHERE there is the best area and/or place to stay!) Thank you so much for any advice recommendations!!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

Hello. With the flight coming into SJO, I would stick with a closer beach, either in Manuel Antonio (3 hours)where you might want to check out Buena Vista Villas and Arenas Del Mar which both have beaches. Or, check out Punta Islita which is a little further from SJO, 4.5 hours but SO lovely for a honeymoon!

If you need something with a little bit more action and not as isolated as Punta Islita, look at Harmony Hotel in Nosara, also about 4 hours from SJO.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

Thanks! I had originally been looking at Manuel Antonio but was concerned with it being further south that we might run into more rain?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

There may be a little more rain, but I'd rather have a little more rain than be 6 hours from the airport. Remember, even if it rains, it's warm and generally does not last all day!

4. Re: help!! fly into SJO Aug. 31, want to spend 4 days at beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:19