We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

New Orleans
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

I am going back to CR next year and want to see if renting from a local company is better than a big US company. Someone mentioned Solid Car Rental to me. Does anyone have any experience with them. Are there other car rental companies you would recommend?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

The suggested 'list' is usually Wild Rider, Vamos, Service for the locals - not necessarily in that order. Nothing against Solid, but I don't remember reading anything (either negative or positive) recently about them. Wild Rider currently don't have a Liberia office.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

I will go with NAtional...

roadadvsior

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,746 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

There are several locally owned rental car companies in Costa Rica that provides good customer service. Be aware that also big names are usually owned by locals, and high standards are not always kept. Search this forum and you will find plenty of info about "the good, the bad and the ugly".

Big Lake, Minnesota
Level Contributor
334 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

We rented from Solid last March and were very pleased. Several posters on the Fodor's forum have rented from Solid and have been satisfied.

5. Re: Car Rentals - Solid Care Rental versus National

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:18