We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Utah
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging

We are looking for affordable lodging in each area that we stay (maybe 100-160 a night)....but we still want the accomodations to be somewhat nice as we will relax there sometimes. There will be 8 adults (4 couples).

We are going to:

Arena

Manual Antonio

Drake Bay

Any suggestions would be great!!

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

This might help: www.arenal.net or www.fortunawelcome.com

Also www.manuelantoniopark.com

Lodging is limited at Drake Bay so I would just Google. Note that most lodges will seem expensive but this is because they are "all-inclusive" and include meals. The area is remote and it's not like you can walk down the block to a restaurant. This is one that people like: anywherecostarica.com/destinations/drake-bay…

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
371 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Wow! 100-160$ is a lot in Costa Rica. Of course, you'll have a nice hotel. But you can have a really nice one at cheaper price.

One tool I use to compare price for Manuel Antonio Hotels: southerncostarica.biz/Manuel-Antonio/…

For Arenal, a friend of mine suggest me: Los Lagos

http://www.hotelloslagos.com/

You can also look with CRTV for arenal volcanoes hotels: costaricatravelandvacations.com/arenal/… ( it's a travel agency in CR)

About Drake Bay, I don't know personally, but you can find good info on Trip Advisor!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
899 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Kansas City
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

As for Drake Bay do you want to be in town or a remote location? If you want to stay in town I have a couple of suggestions.

We stayed one night at Las Cotingas prior to a 2 night stay at Sirena Ranger Station. You can choose to have one, two or all three meals included. It is in town so you can walk to restaurants if you don't want to eat all meals there.

Following Sirena we stayed at Casa Horizontes Guest House. It is a bed and breakfast right on the edge of town and includes breakfast. If you would like other meals included they will take care of them. Or you can walk to restaurants or purchase groceries and use the full kitchen. One day we asked Yami to prepare a lunch to go so we could picnic on a nearby beach. We had one dinner there. The meals were all excellent.

Keep in mind the town is very small and it is easy to walk everywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Sirena Ranger Station
Sirena Ranger Station
184 Reviews
Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica
4. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:15