We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So many questions

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
So many questions

We have travelled to many places

USA, Can, Europe and Caribbean.

We have never been to Costa Rica

I love a nice beach to swim in.

We also like fine dining areas

We are 50-60 years old but still want to explore and see the land

I usually rent thru VRBO as I like the freedom of a lace that I can make breakfast and have some space .

Any help out there would be highly apprcaited

Want to go for approx. 10-11 nights in March 2014.

thanks

robin

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So many questions

Beach and "fine dining". I can only think of Los Suenos. "fine dining" places are not so popular near the beaches but great fresh food is easy to find.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So many questions

Ok- How about great beaches and nice restaurants - not necessarily fine dining but good food ( I eat seafood and love fresh foods).We like to explore but not into extensive hiking

Zip lining - yes

Thanks again

Tamarindo area ???

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So many questions

The Jaco area has the most options for good to fine restaurants. Really easy to rent a condo and lots of options. The beach is a black sand beach some areas more rocky than others and it is the Pacific, so don't think Caribbean. Tamarindo has a prettier beach with some options for dinning and condos just not as many. Check out Samara. It is a great beach town with a few nice restaurants. Really my favorite food in Costa Rica is the local foods at Sodas. Not fine dinning but great food. Playa Samara has a pretty nice beach for the Costa Rica. Costa Rica doesn't have beaches like you find in the Caribbean.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So many questions

Thanks mrolfes and obxpat

I will keep researching

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So many questions

I'd send you off to Dominical/Uvita/Ojochal a string of small towns running north to south and roughly an hour south of Manuel Antonio to Dominical on a good highway. This area is less developed but has beautiful beaches, spectacular scenery, plenty to do but no big resorts. Lots of rental properties with spectacular ocean views up and down the coast. Very little ocean front lodgings however. Most of the beaches are too rough for swimming, as this is a surfing area but there are swimmable beaches inside Marino Ballena National Park. Nearly all our meals out were fabulous as there are a number of really good restaurants, particularly farther south toward Ojochal.

This area is the reverse of Tamarindo - the towns are tiny and most visitors stay outside town. The area is steep, wooded and lush. There is extensive wildlife and rainforest hiking with guides at Hacienda Baru and Oro Verde. Daytrips by boat to Corcovado National Park are possible, lauching off the beach at Uvita.

Take a look at Tiki Villas Rainforest Lodge for just one example of lodging available in the area. There are many more options at all price points.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So many questions

Well...in the southern part too, they have fine dining.

In Ojochal, a small village near Tortuga Beach. Look for these restaurants:

La Parcela (between Dominical and Uvita)

In Ojochal: Ylang-Ylang, Citrus, Exotica...they do fine cuisine.

In Manuel Antonio, don't miss El Avion for supper. Go just before sunset because the view is awesome!

To compare price for Costa Rica Transportation: costaricatravelandvacations.com/cate-transpo…

I hope you'll have a good trip!

7. Re: So many questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16