We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

Murrieta, California
7 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

Hello, My family and I will be traveling to Puerto Viejo in October. We will be a renting a vacation home and have enquired on several properties. We have three homes in mind and need your help on deciding on what home to rent. There are two homes in Playa Chiquita, one is called Casa Koda, and the other is called Boutique Villa Luz y Sombra. Lastly, the other home is in Puerto Viejo is called Casa Jessica. We are wanting any further information on these homes so we can decide which home to go with. We will be traveling with a two year old and would prefer to be in walking distance or beach front on one that has low tides and is walking distance to town. All your help is greatly appreciated. Which home would you choose?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

Dear Diana...one shor advice...many nice houses or villas for rent around there...just be sure you are dealing with real decent people...not just commision makers...do not pay anything until you are 100% sure about the person you are dealing with....

The area is full of people pushing houses they own or a friend owns...this people are willing to sell anything for a commisions...and of course if somenthing goes wrong then they accuse you that was your fault...because you just did not like them???

Please enjoy our country as we NATIVES do...Natives PRIDE!

roadadvisor

Murrieta, California
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

How can I ensure that I am speaking with the owner? I am using VRBO and trip advisor as my sources.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

Good question...since some people are very clever...ask diirectly if they own the place or are just a middle person...

Roadadvisor

4. Re: Puerto Viejo Area, Please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17