We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

Here is my question in regards to the review I will repost below.... Did anyone else who was ripped off by this company find a way to actually get your money back and how?

TOTAL FRAUD!!!! Economy completely ripped us off! In addition to all of the things mentioned by everyone else in regards to insurance issues etc they deducted money from our account from a made up defect in the car upon returning it. They claimed that we caused damage that we didn't do. We signed a waiver denying this before we left Costa Rica but the still charged us $300 dollars in damages on our visa on file. We have been ttrying for a year to dispute it with Bank Of America (an entirely other complaint ) but without proof ie the car right in front of us we are helpless. Even the waiver we saved is worthless. BEWARE THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........another person who only found this forum AFTER they'd been had.....!

Canada
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

David, it is not really suprising. Someone is upset because they got ripped off so they google the company and TA comes up! Now they know - that's all!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

So embarrasing for us natives to see how this compay keep doing it...so sorry!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

Usually people seem to appeal through the credit card company, but it sounds like you and already tried this route. I hope you do have some success but Economy have a bad name on this forum for their poor customer service...so best of luck!

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

CanaTico

It wasn't that I was surprised, or think that this is a 'fake' review of any sort, I just find it baffling that in this day and age people only google companies they're entering into expensive contracts with AFTER they've been bound in (and subsequently been stung).

Knowledge is power, why people do things with no research boggles me.

6. Re: Economy Rental Car Rip Off-Ever find a way to get your money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22