We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa rica with 5 year old

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
Costa rica with 5 year old

I need some advice for an upcoming vacation in Costa Rica,

We are in our 30’s and are interested to explore Costa with our 5 year old son, we were thinking to maybe rent a car and stay in 2-3 different locations ( one of them is on the beach ).

Questions:

How safe is Costa Rica to travel with a toddler? We need some advices for good hotels for a one week vacation. Also, how is the weather in December? Is it still good time for swimming?

I know it’s a lot of questions, but we are clueless about Costa Rica, only been in an all inclusive in the Caribbean with our son and from reviews I have read all inclusive is not recommended for Costa Rica

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
339 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa rica with 5 year old

December is a great month for coming to Costa Rica. This is when "summer" begin here.

Costa Rica is totally safe for your family. Always use common sense and everything will be alright. The only advice I can give you about your child security is in the water...currents are very strongs and waves, very big. So, obviously, you'll need to be after him at the beach.

Rent a car is a good idea.

About hotels, it all depends of where you want to go: north, south....

I prefer southern Costa Rica because it is less touristic. But northern Costa Rica has great places too. The one I know is Cristal Azul. They rent villas, have a pool too.

Southern, I personnaly use that portal to compare hotels price.

You can see Manuel Antonio Hotels: southerncostarica.biz/Manuel-Antonio/…

or Uvita Hotels: www.southerncostarica.biz/Uvita/cat-hotels/

(2 of my favourite locations)

If you have any others questions, just ask!

Enjoy your trip!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa rica with 5 year old

If this gives you any assurance, We will be travelling with our 2 yr old, 4 yr old and 8 yr old to Costa Rica next week for a 10 day trip. We'll be travelling to the following places, San Jose, Tortuguero, Arenal and Playa Conchal. Costa Rica is pretty safe, just use your judgement and dont stay out too late and this goes for any city/country.

All inclusives to tend to be pricier than other resorts but they do have a variety if your toddler is a picky eater.

Have a fun trip!

3. Re: Costa rica with 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:18