We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

Hi,

I'm planning a trip in January or February 2014, and I'm interested in going to Rincon de la Vieja. Is it possible to get there without a rental car? I'm travelling solo, so I'd prefer to take shared shuttles or public buses to keep costs down.

I haven't bought a plane ticket yet, but I'm probably flying into Liberia. I'd like to stay in Rincon for a couple days, and I was looking into staying at Hacienda Guachipelin or Rincon de la Vieja Mountain Lodge. It looks like you could walk to the park entrance from the Mountain Lodge? Does the Hacienda have a shuttle or something to get to the park entrance?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

Great idea...contact Hotel HAcienda Guachipelin and ask them if they can assist you about getting there...once there IMO you can do it without a car...great choice maybe the best around for you...so mnay nice soft adventure tours...you will be busy all day long!

roadadv isor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

Hacienda Guachipelin is almost "all inclusive" in terms of a bunch of different things to do right there so you definitely don't need a car. They will be a good resource to ask what is the most economical way to get there from the LIR airport...it will probably be a shared shuttle like Interbus. :-) Enjoy! It's a cool place and you can seriously do so many things and their food at the hotel is delicious. :-)

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

I contacted Hacienda Guachipelin. In case anyone else was interested... they said they could do a shuttle from Liberia, $75. And they could do a shuttle to Tamarindo, Flamingo, etc. price depending on where you go. They didn't mention any other options. I looked up Interbus, and it looked like $79 from Rincon de la Vieja to Guanacaste beaches, so it's probably about the same.

Thanks for your help!

4. Re: Rincon de la Vieja without a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:18