We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerobell Flight Review

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
164 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Aerobell Flight Review

Having flown Aerobell last week from Pavas to Tortuguero and back to Pavas, I'd like to share my experience with this wonderful company. Melissa at Aerobell was very helpful in coordinating our trip, she helped plan my itinerary and answer any questions I had regarding the flights and equipment (aircrafts) at aerobell. The fleet is listed on their website: www.Aerobell.com but I wanted to make sure that my aircraft the Piper Seneca was available for this trip. I like twin props, just my preference. The Pavas airport and their hangar at the airport was easy to spot with a big Aerobell sign outside their massive hangar. As we arrived by taxi for our 9:00 a.m. charter flight to Tortuguero we saw that our Piper was ready and the captain, Luiz was standing by his aircraft with a big welcoming smile. I stopped by their office at the hangar to thank Melissa for helping plan the trip and she walked my family to the aircraft. The aircraft was in excellent condition. As my wife and 3 kids hopped in to their seats in the main cabin, I got the co-pilot seat next to Captain Luiz in the cockpit. After a few minutes of comms and preflight checks we were pointing down the runway and at full throttle for a smooth run and takeoff. The flight was very smooth as we flew over the mountains and the lush green land. Captain Luiz pointed out some national parks, mountains and banana plantations along the way. My 3 kids enjoyed looking out the big windows of their seats as we climbed to 8000 feet cruising at 140 knots. 20 minutes later we were right above the Tortuguero village banking left for short final to the Tortuguero runway with the Caribbean sea on one side and the Tortuguero canal on the other. What a smooth landing!

Fast Forward: After 3 days and 2 nights in Tortuguero, Captain Luiz arrived right on time to pick us up on schedule. He greeted us on the tarmac as he got out of the Piper and help load the luggage and after a few minutes we were pointing down the Tortuguero runway for a powered takeoff. After another smooth 20 minute flight we circled the Pavas runway to lineup for a perfect landing. Captain Luiz has 30 years flying experience and it shows he really loves his job. My kids cant stop talking about Aerobell and the private charter we had with this wonderful company. Everyone at Aerobell was awesome. It was the first private aircraft charter we've had and they made us feel like Rock Stars.....Thanks for an awesome flight Aerobell....!!!

AeroE

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

They are the best...glad you have had a great flligth with them..

Roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

I will like to let you know that my great friend Carlos Montealegre President of Aero Bell past away a few days ago...so sad...I let you know this terrible news...because I even talk to him about you...and he toll me to let him know when you were going to be around...well I bet you he is very happy where ever he is ...knowing him he is flying some where ...what a nice guys he was!l GOD BLESS HIM!!

roadadvisor

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
164 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

So sad. Would have loved to meet the guy.

Thanks for the recommendation Roadadvisor.

Scotts Valley...
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

We flew with Aerobel last Christmas on a King Air. We were extremely happy with our flight and the pilots! We will be using them again this Christmas for two more flights in Costa Rica.

Hartford, ct
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

Have flown twice with Aerobell in the single-engine Cessna. Once from Drake Bay to San Jose, once from Quepos to Puerto Jimenez. Very professional and very easy both times. My kids loved flying on a small plane and sitting in the "co-pilot" seat. Great views along the way.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
164 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

Not a big fan of single engines and really not a big fan of Cessna's either, so I specifically requested a Piper Seneca (dual props) on our trip. Great company, loved the pilot and exceptional service. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with them as well.

7. Re: Aerobell Flight Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:15