We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute advice!

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute advice!

Two weeks from today we'll be sitting on a plane heading for our second trip to CR. Our itinerary is a little crazy, I got a bit carried away! We have the following booked

One night Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste

Two nights Playa Samara (Lodge las Ranas)

Three nights Manual Antonio (La Posada)

Three nights Sarapquipi (Chilamate Eco Retreat)

Five nights Punta Uva (Korrigan Lodge)

One night back in SJO

Any tips for must see must do activities in the area? We plan to visit the ARA Project in Samara and then the Jaguar Rescue Center in Manzanillo but beyond that we are pretty open. We want to do lots of hikes, see waterfalls and just hang out watching the wildlife. I'd love tips for cheap, good places to eat. Also, we'll just get money as we go, I want to double check that ATM's are in Sarapquipi and Puerto Viejo/Punta Uva.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute advice!

Well, at least you'll get some breathing time in Punta Uva. Yes, there are two ATMs in Puerto Viejo. The rescue centre is in Cocles, not in Manzanillo. Ask Korrigan Lodge for a nature guide and go explore the Gandoca Manzanillo Refuge. You will be close to El Refugio and Pita Bonita, two great places to eat as well as at Jungle Love in Playa Chiquita. Not expensive but also not "cheap" places, for that you should find a soada like Miss Lidia's in Puerto, great local food.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute advice!

Thank you. I got carried away! We weren't originally going to Samara but we really wanted to see the ARA Project and they recently had to move to the area so we redid our entire itinerary to do it.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute advice!

Don't forget to clear it with your Bank that you will be using your card overseas!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,265 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute advice!

There is at least one ATM in Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. I have used Visa Electron debit card which worked well all over Costa Rica.

5. Re: Last minute advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:21