We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Over Thanksgiving

Nantucket, MA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing Over Thanksgiving

I will be travelling to Costa Rica with my wife and 16 year old fishing-addicted son for 7 nights over the week of Thanksgiving. My first question is where we would have the greatest chance of success in catching a marlin and/or sailfish - Los Suenos or Quepos? We will plan on at least 1 full day off shore charter as well as one for inshore.

Second question is in trying to plan itinerary. If we have to choose between visiting Arenal or Manuel Antonio for a few nights stay, which would be the better choice? While I intend to rent a car, I'm not sure we could visit both in the short time we will be there, especially if we devote a few days to fishing.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Over Thanksgiving

For sure you will catch at least one sailfish out of Quepos (mostly likely several) as I have never been skunked on any of the full day tour I have done. We like catching tuna even more. Several years ago we brought to leader a monster Black Marlin about 28 miles off of Dominical that my brother described as a fish of a lifetime. I use Frenzy Sport Fishing exclusively that can be found at http://www.frenzysportfishing.com Their crews are exceptional and focused on making sure you catch fish. The boats they have are well maintained and it is always a wonderful time going out with them. Have a great time no matter where you end up.

2. Re: Fishing Over Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18