We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

Hi,

We will be arriving at Juan Santamaria International Airport around 10pm at night in December.

Please share near by hotel accommodation to stay 1 night before we drive to Arenal next day morning

Thank You.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

There are many and of great variety.

There are three "chain" hotels very near the airport: Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Marriott Courtyard.

Otherwise, there are a number of really nice "Costa Rica" hotels: Hotel Los Volcanes, Hotel La Rosa de America, Pura Vida Hotel, Alegria B&B among others.

Note that the airport is actually in Alajuela, not San Jose. All the hotels I listed are 15 minutes or less from the airport and would have no problem with your late arrival.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

Hampton Inn and Suites...Courtyard...and many more just minutes away from terminal...

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

I like the Holiday Inn Express, as Hattie said is a typical chain hotel, but is just across the airport and you will get a good night sleep.

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

Thank you all..I am planning to go with Holiday Inn express which is across from airport..Does anyone know if they provide shuttle service as we may be arriving around midnight..

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

Please let me know a good car rental close to or inside airport for our 7 day stay..we plan to drive to Arenal..Tortuguero etc..Planning to drive on our own and visit places

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

you're better off renting from an off-airport agency, itll be cheaper. all rental agencies will meet you either at the airport or anywhere in san jose or alajuela (the airport is actually in alajuela) for free or a small fee. i prefer renting from www.wild-rider.com they have probably the best reviews of any car rental agency in costa rica. their cars are a little older, but are in excellent condition. they will charge $20 for delivery and another $20 for pick up, or you can taxi to their san jose location. my second choice would be www.mapache.com then alamocostarica.com and www.adobecar.com but there are many others who do a good job, but i have only dealt those ones. whichever company you go with, don't ever EVER go through a middleman of any sort! always book direct and if you use an international franchise like alamo, be sure to use the cost rica website rather than the us website. lastly be sure to read all about renting a car in cr on the top right of this page, under top questions. pick a company then use the ta search function to read about others' experiences with that company.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

No problems with a late night arrival and the shuttle. The shuttle is actually 24 hours and it is usually waiting across the street from the terminal, in front of the parking garage. It is plainly marked.

However, if it is not there and you don't want to wait, then just take one of the airport taxis that will be waiting and should cost no more than $2-$3.

There are a few agencies near the Holiday Inn Express - you can walk to them easily since they are in the same "complex." However, only Toyota and Solid are reputable agencies -- the others... not so much.

Wild Rider, as recommended by sonnysullivan is a great agency and I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

8. Re: Hotels near Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19