My wife and I are looking to travel to Costa Rica for the first time. We’re having a difficult time narrowing things down to determine an itinerary. Too many choices are a good thing though. :) Hopefully, you all with more experience can give us some advice. Here's the low down.
- Looking at around 14 nights towards the beginning of May '14 but we're flexible
- We're both in our mid-30's and very active. We anticipate lots of hiking and perhaps a bit of rafting.
- We’re beginner sailors and would possibly like to get out on the water for a day.
- We're both big-time scuba divers and will need to get our "fix" at some point on this trip, at least 6-8 dives
- We would like to explore several parts of the country if without burning out on traveling too much. Perhaps 3-4 stops would be about right
- Though we do enjoy local food and will dine out a bit we’d prefer to stay in vacation rentals as much as possible so we can cook for ourselves most of the time
- Pretty sure we want to see Arenal and get some dives in, everything else is wide open.