We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

Finally decided 3 locations is just too much to squeeze in for 8 nights. And have initially decided to stay 4 nights in Fortuna and then 4 nights in Manuel Antonio. Considering reducing a night in Fortuna and moving it to MA? It's myself, my wife and our 6 yo. Thoughts?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

I agree with you- trying to squeeze in 3 locations in 8 days will leave you feeling tired and rushed. It's better to narrow it to two locations so that you can settle down and relax a little more.

Personally, I enjoy the Manuel Antonio area more mainly because it has beaches. If a beach isn't a big deal to you, then Fortuna has a lot to offer outside of a beach.

I am a bit biased- in the past 10 years I have been to Manuel Antonio twice and Fortuna once. I just love how the rainforest comes right up to the beach, which monkeys and sloths in the trees behind you. I also like having Quepos right there to do some world class fishing.

I think this is one of those 50/50 decisions where people will be split down the middle.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

I live in La Fortuna and people are constantly saying that they wished they booked more time here because there is sooooo much to do here. Of course it's always based on personal preferences but here is just a partial list of what there is to do in this area and maybe it will help you decide where you want to spend your time: Hiking around the volcano, hanging bridges, white water river rafting, rappelling down waterfalls, butterfly gardens, Proyecto Asis wildlife rescue, zip lines (aka canopy tours), kayaking or boating on Lake Arenal (including fishing), macadamia farm (Nuevo Arenal), hot springs, chocolate tour (highly recommend-delicious and informative), Rio Fortuna waterfall, Rio Celeste waterfall & hike (Tenorio National Park), and the list goes on. :-) ENJOY! :-)

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

Thanks to both of you, I think you've both convinced me just to stay 4 nights at both. I know there's a few things I really would like to do in Fortuna, but not sure I can do with a 6 year old, like the caves or waterfalls, but there's still plenty we can do. The whole family loves chocolate, so thanks for the chocolate tour recommendation!

4. Re: Fortuna vs Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:20