We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orquideas Inn

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Orquideas Inn

Just wondering if anyone has stayed her recently? I know it has new owners and not many reviews as of late.

I follow this forum regularly, having been to CR 5 times. Over the years it seems this hotel was a favourite of many and just wondering if that's still the case.

It seems like a perfect mix of close to SJO and beautiful extensive grounds.

We need a total of 6 nights at 3 different central valley hotels and want input as to if Orquideas Inn is still worth it.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orquideas Inn

I had not heard it re-opened. Know it has changed hands and was to go serious renovations.

Not sure of your budget - If you are looking for nice grounds/views check out Xandari. A less expensive option right down the street is Tacacori EcoLodge.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orquideas Inn

We have just received a message from them the other day and part of it said: Now, we will reopening our doors in January 02nd, 2014 as Villa San Ignacio with a different concept.

So depending on your travel date, you may want to give it a go with the new concept. Other nice options in the Central Valley are Casa Bella Rita, Hotel Buena Vista or then the Vista del Valle Plantation Inn.

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orquideas Inn

Hi, have you heard what their "new concept" involves? More upscale or what?

Xandari is a bit spendy, have always wanted to try Tacacori but we like a pool. I guess Buena Vista is the other hotel close to Doka? Any other hotels within 10-15 min of Doka?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orquideas Inn

XAndary is a lot better than Orquideas...a lot...I´m glad they change hands...the prior owner big smelly cigars were the worst!.

roadadvsior

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orquideas Inn

Yes, Xandari is just too expensive, looks beautiful though. Any other hotels within 10-15 min of Doka?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orquideas Inn

BUena Vista...local people...nice location and just a few minutes from DOKA...

roadadvisor

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
497 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orquideas Inn

Poas Volcano Lodge and Poas Lodge are both in that area.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orquideas Inn

Mariposa1142, I do not know what the new concept is. We certainly will check their place out once it is open but if you like to contact them, their e-mail is: reservations@villasanignacio.com

I personally like Buena Vista a lot if you want to stay in that area.

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orquideas Inn

Thank you Gecko Trail

10. Re: Orquideas Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:22