We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Costa Rica 10 day tour

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Caravan Costa Rica 10 day tour

Hi I read lots of wonderful reviews about this tour. We are going in December very excited (with 9 year old). I have a few questions for people who recently has gone:

1) Best place to buy coffee to bring home? Local supermarket or coffee plantation or duty free? We be in San Jose one extra day so we have a little bit of free time.

2) How much USD I should exchange for duration of the trip?

3) Any thing else besides the list that was sent by Caravan I should pack?

Any other suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Angela

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan Costa Rica 10 day tour

1) Best place to buy coffee: Supermarket...hands down! I like 1820 as it's a good price and mild, Cafe Brit is delicious but expensive. 1820 is what I serve everybody and bring as gifts and it's always a hit!

2) ATMs are available all over CR...bring a couple hundred dollars to exchange and take out any additional that you need later

3) Must have items to pack: Headlamp (with red light if you're going to turtle watch) or small flashlight, Off Family Wipes (individually wrapped), binoculars, camera, bandana (great for drying your hands or many other uses), sunscreen, lipbalm with sunscreen, a pair of flip flops and one good walking shoe (preferably waterproof), a sarong (can double as a beach towel)...I live here, travel all over CR and don't go anywhere without these things!

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan Costa Rica 10 day tour

Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully a supermarket isn't too far where we are staying.

3. Re: Caravan Costa Rica 10 day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:18