We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

Wirral
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions about where to stop between Uvita and La Fortuna, We will be travelling in May next year and will have a 4x4, but looking at the drive its over 6 hours, which I think will be far. So will be looking for somewhere to stay about half way ish.

Sarah

Wirral
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

Just to add we will be staying in Ojochal at Villas Gaia not in Uvita, and this is our 1st trip to Costa Rica, so any help/advice gratefully received.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

There really is no convenient half-way point with lots of places to stay. You could stay in or near Jaco, in or near Puntarenas, near Esparza or someplace like the Carara Hotel near the Carara National Park. Tarcoles is also an option.

You can look here: www.yourtravelmap.com for distances and driving times for many points.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

Sarah - Hattie is right about no real half way place. I would suggest that you do the drive in one day by getting an early start then break the drive up with a nice breakfast and lunch along the way. Most people that travel between both places do it in a day. I have done it a few times and it is not really that bad.

Wirral
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

Thank you for the replies, we are just a bit worried about driving for that long, in case we get stuck or lost. I think we we look at Carara or Jaco to stop for 1 night and then set off the following day for La Fortuna.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
339 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

I stayed in Vista Pacifico in Jaco...nice place. Calm and excellent service and advices from the Canadians owners. I recommend it.

6. Re: Driving from Uvita to La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19