We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

autieG
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

Hi All,

My husband and I are looking to travel to Costa Rica for one week. We want to be within walking distance to a beautiful swimable beach with decent snorkeling, maybe kayaking too but still be close to all the jungle wildlife for photography. With only one week we don't want to do a bunch of traveling and driving. Looking for a relaxing week away. Here are a few of my questions:

What part of Costa Rica should we travel to? Is there somewhere that has beautiful white sand beaches, clear blue water near the wildlife of the jungles?

Any suggestions on where to stay? We're not planning to rent a car so somewhere that has a great restaurant and some restaurants and things to do nearby as well.

We are somewhat flexible on our timing. What month in Spring to early summer do you recommend for the best weather and rates? We were thinking mid April?

Thanks a bunch!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

As to my knowledge, the south Caribbean side would be the closest to your dreams. Be aware that most of the sand beaches in Costa Rica will not be beige, less so white sand beaches. However there are several very nice sand beaches between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo, and in Cahuita National Park. And you will be close to wildlife for sure. As for the time, I would say May, as April has its Easter week and this time is very popular for Ticos to enjoy their beaches.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
328 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

I agree with Xelas for the Caribbean.

I really enjoyed Puerto Viejo. We stayed at Banana Azul. Very nice place, front beach.

April is a good month to come to Costa Rica. Weather is good and it is the beginning of low season. Less touristy too.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

Well, May is actually the beginning of "low season" and April can be quite busy. Still, it's a good time to be here. And I think the Caribbean coast would be your best bet. It's not very developed so if you are looking for something fancy, probably not the place. But beautiful!

4. Re: Where to go for a bit of beach and jungle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18