We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

I will be there in Costa Rica in last Week of December covering: San Jose, Puerto Jiminez, Manual Antonio, Monte Verde, La Fortuna and back to San Jose. Does my Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in United States work in Costa Rica.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

Every GPS enabled unit (today many smartphones has a GPS) will work (almost) anywhere in this world. It is the question if your map of Costa Rica is good or not. Excellent map for Garmin is sold by NavSatCR www.navsatcr.com . Since the addresses are few in Costa Rica you will need to use or POI or lat/long data.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

You will need to download Costa Rican maps but the device should work fine. The Waze app available for download on smartphones actually works quite well (sometimes better than the GPS) in Costa Rica.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

What method does Waze app uses as a triangulation/location pinpoint?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

We used our 2460LMT on our last trip down with maps loaded from OSM for free. I built my own routes and added my own POI's. This was the first trip where I had used the GPS instead of plain old maps, and it worked flawlessly.

5. Re: Does Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT bought in US work in Costa Rica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:18