We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobo to Fernadez

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Lobo to Fernadez

Nothing political here, Just a random question. I have a month off work and school december 15 till January 15th and would like to travel from Honduras, Tegucigalpa , go all the south to Argentina and am currently second guessing myself about navigating all these countries in such limited time. I would like some feedback if anyone has ever done it in such time, what they recommend, caveats, what bus lines they suggest to criss cross, all those countries or cities. I'm on a 2000 budget and love beaches, landmark and historical cities, exotic cheap food and can stay in any hotels or hostels that are safe clean, simple and livable. Please any advise on here would be helpful. thanks in advance.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,133 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobo to Fernadez

With a month, just limit yourself to Central America. Honduras to Panama, and you will have to be very fast about catching the buses. The attended speed of your travel, not to mention the budget restrictions will be severely challenged between Christmas and New Year time as this is the highest of all seasons.

For something much more relaxed combine two neighbouring countries, like Honduras & Nicaragua (budget friendly) or Costa Rica & Panama (better infrastructure).

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobo to Fernadez

Totally agree with Xelas.

You could divide your time between Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica - or something similar. But each of these countries certainly deserves more than a cursory "hello" which is all you would be able to do if you try to do more.

And PS - it's an 8-hour flight from Colombia to Argentina so imagine how long it will take you to go by land? Plus, you can't go by land the whole way because of the Darien Gap.

And yes, you should be prepared for crowded buses during the Christmas season as families are moving around visiting families.

Edited: 15 November 2013, 12:51
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobo to Fernadez

Honduras to Buenos Aires by bus in a month...possible yes nice ride yes...not a nice trip for your back...way to many miles a lot to see...but seating in a bus all day long...honestly and with all my respect not a good idea at least no by bus..

roadadvisor

4. Re: Lobo to Fernadez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:18