We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio to Alajuela

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio to Alajuela

Hi, I'm going to Costa Rica for c.12 days in March next year, and am just planning my itinerary. I think I will be finishing my trip in Manuel Antonio, then travelling back to San Jose/Alajuela to fly home.

My flight home is at 11.35am on a Friday; do you think it would be too risky to plan to fly from MA that morning? I could get the 8.50am flight which would get me to SJO at about 9.20am, giving me just enough time to check in for my flight home. However, that doesn't leave any contingency for delays or anything! Would I be better flying or getting the bus to Alajuela/SJ the afternoon before, then I have plenty of time to get to the airport on my final day? If I'm going to do that, I'd like to leave MA as late as possible on the Thursday, does anyone know what transport option would be best for that? Public bus perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,514 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio to Alajuela

It would be pretty expensive missing on your flight to UK so IMO best way is to overnight in Alajuela. Not that Alajuela is not in Costa Rica, and to my view, it is even more lovely place then Manuel Antonio, and surely with much more Tico vibe. And it will be one night, what on earth can be a difference between sleeping in a room in MA versus sleeping in a room in Alajuela?!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio to Alajuela

Its more the fact that the last shuttle buses see! To leave MA at lunchtime, so I'll miss half a day in MA (and one final sunset over the ocean!) if I travel to Alajuela the day before my flight. I think that its definitely the sensible thing to do, I just need to work out the best way to travel to Alajuela to maximise my time in MA.

3. Re: Manuel Antonio to Alajuela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:17