We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

United States
Level Contributor
200 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

Hi, We've gotten so much good information from this forum so far, I'm hoping for one more bit of info. We are going to be in Manuel Antonio Sat/Sun/Mon then heading toward Dominical/Uvita later in the week. Looking at the weather, the beginning of the week is looking nice, hot with scattered thunderstorms. Then later in the week it's saying 70's, overcast and/or rain. Is there a front coming through? Thanks everyone!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

The National Weather Service of CR site is here. http://www.imn.ac.cr/ They are only predicting thru the next four days and it's all very much the same. Highs near 90, lows mid 70's, a slight chance of rain each day which is characteristic of this time of year. No long range prediction of a "cold front" but even if one materialized it would have no effect on the Central Pacific as far as a temp. drop. The weather really is just about the same every day! Hope it helps!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

Since you are going to be in Manuel Antonio and in Dominical/Uvita anyway, You should not worry about the weather. Only true forecast is the following one:"The weather ... will be". Even a day full of rain is a day well spent if in Costa Rica, specially in winter time ;)) ! Happy travelling!

Edited: 06 December 2013, 12:36
United States
Level Contributor
200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

Terrific! Thanks!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

I forgot to mention that if/when it does rain, it is warm and refreshing (not bone chilling which is often associated with rain in areas of the states). Most everything is open air so in the even of rain, find a covered restaurant or terrace, read a book and relax!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

Or (in addition to Lisa) as I was told in Malaysia by a friendly local while walking down the street obviously annoyed by rain:" Mister, smile! Enjoy the rain! It is a warm, happy rain!" And on my remark that I have plenty of rain from where I came: "Ah, mister, yours is a miserable and a cold rain".

6. Re: Weather week of 12/8 - MA and Dominical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17