We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

can anyone please tell me how this road is...mountains and really winding etc. and how long it takes to drive with normal traffic? Thank you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

GREAT road...better than ever...flat road all the way...it will take no more than 45 minutes!!

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

Wow thanks for the fast reply...can you also maybe tell me...we will be in Manual Antonio for about 4 nights and are thinking to end the trip by going down to Kura Design Villas. Is the Uvita area different enough to warrant going another say hour? This would be for only two nights. We have been to MA before but not anywhere south. then it would be back to SJO.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,093 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

Uvita and Manuel Antonio have a very different feel and your only problem is likely to be that you won't want to leave after 2 nights. The Uvita area has a fraction of the tourists you'll find in MA but it does have spectacular coastlines, heavily wooded areas, waterfalls and wildlife. It's fun to explore the nearly deserted beaches there.

United States
Level Contributor
200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

I just came back from Kura. Do not miss it, the beaches around Uvita, and food in Ojochal. I will say, the road up to Kura from Uvita is a challenge. Rent yourself a powerful 4 wheel drive.

5. Re: Manual Antonio to Uvita...road conditions and time needed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20