We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days\nights?

mckinney, tx
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How many days\nights?

My husband and I are looking into a possible trip to Costa Rica in April. We would have only four or five nights though and are wondering if this is long enough? We would want to stay in Manual Antonio and I've heard it's quite a drive from the airport to there. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,115 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days\nights?

That is quite short holiday, however better then none. Actually, Manuel Antonio is the location that is quickest to reach, from SJO. Not more then 3 hours each way.

Annapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days\nights?

If just going to MA that would be a good little trip. I have been there twice, once for 10 days the second for 5. I think that unless you have multiple day trips planned (besides the national park) 5 days is a good amount of time to see and do a bunch, the last few days when I was there for longer were great to relax, but we felt that we had done plenty and wished we had booked another town to see. I would suggest doing a canopy tour with Canopy Safari, hitting the national park and beaches, and going out fishing or just on a boat in general.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days\nights?

If you only have 4 or 5 nights, you should DEFINITELY consider taking the local flight from SJO to Quepos and back. The flight is only about 25 minutes, and it will allow you to get the most out of your short trip.

Flights range from about $45 to about $100 each way, per person. Look into Sansa and NatureAir.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days\nights?

Also, you will want to get an early(ish) flight into SJO and a late(ish) flight out of SJO from whatever country you are coming from (especially if you insist on driving).

Personally, I like driving because it's like a 3 hour "excursion" tour of the Costa Rica country side... but depending on how much you want to do, flying into and out of Quepos (Manuel Antonio) may be the best option for you.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 21:47
Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days\nights?

The drive from the airport to Manuel Antonio is an easy drive on good highways now and is a good chance to see some of the many different types of scenery that Costa Rica has to offer.There are private vans in Quepos/Manuel Antonio that will drive you day or night to and from the airport to your hotel or wherever you would like to go. There are lots of tours, beaches, fishing and so on in this area so you could be very busy for your 4 or 5 days in this area.

6. Re: How many days\nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18