We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arenal observatory lodge activities

Arroyo Grande...
1 post
Save Topic
arenal observatory lodge activities

So I am looking into going to the arenal observatory lodge for our honeymoon. My fiancée and I like to be active on our trips. We want to do many of the activities that arenal observatory lodge offers (white water rafting, Canopy Tour, Canoeing) but I am not sure how much they cost. I am trying to figure out how much money to save for this trip. Has anyone been here and know how much the activities cost or where I can find the information?

Pacific Trade Winds
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Nasua Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Manuel's Tours
Eco Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arenal observatory lodge activities

Check here for information on various tours: www.arenal.net or www.fortunawelcome.com They should be in line with what AOL charges.

Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,055 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arenal observatory lodge activities

Most accurate info will be given by persons of Arenal Observatory Lodge. Just send them an email. Or, as same activities are organized by various operators in La Fortuna, search the web for names like Desafio and Canoa Aventura.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arenal observatory lodge activities

While this depends on how long you're staying there and where else you'll be staying in Costa Rica, I would advise you to do the whitewater rafting while staying somewhere closer to San Jose and to do the Pacuare river. Likewise, ziplines can be done just about everywhere.

What makes the AOL special is what you can do on site. Fantastic wildlife, especially birds, gorgeous hiking trails, stunning views. You can also climb to Cerro Chato while there, and you're pretty close to both the national park and the lake.

The downside is that you're pretty far removed from everything else, so day trips on excursions like rafting will mean some hefty travel time on both ends.

But, it is a great place and the only place we'd ever consider staying in the Arenal area.

4. Re: arenal observatory lodge activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18