Hi, thanks for getting back to my inquiry yesterday. I have followed the pointers and done some homework, and here is a tentative itinerary I have come up with:
- fly into SJO
- Manuel Antonio national park (2 days)
- Tortuguero village (2 days)
- Arenal (3 days)
- Monteverde (2 days)
- beaches in Guanacaste (3 days)
- fly out of LIR
the basic idea is to do the nature thing first and then relax on a beach in Guanacaste before heading back home. What I am not sure are the following:
- the length of stay at each place
- the order of places we should follow as move to the west to Guanacaste
- best way to get from one place to another
- if we fly into SJO, should we attempt to directly connect to the next destination?
Any input would be appreciated greatly. Thank you.
By the way, we are thinking about an April trip, leaving around April 5. We are aware of the Easter falling on April 20, but our schedule is limited by our kids' Spring break schedule. The kids will be 7 and 10 by then. Please also make suggestions on the itinerary taking into consideration of their ages. Thanks again.