We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

Hello

I am a single female hoping to go to Costa Rica in late March and wanted to know if any other single females had been there and if they felt safe.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

There are quite a few reports by single females traveling a lone to Costa Rica if you just look around a bit. Here's one of them: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k7129…

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

I am a single female as well and I have been to CostA Rica. Look up a travel company, G adventuresps. Great company, no single supplement, small groups, and awesome guides. I never felt unsafe in this country, even at night.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 00:08
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

Nice answer by Maryie...thank you for your positive answer!!

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

I hope you went to Costa Rica

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

My wife likes to do one way runs so many mornings we run up into the jungle roads and I turn back to get the car and then go find her. She has said she feels safer here running alone than some of the runs she has done back in the states. But she is from Alaska and she maybe glad there are no bears here. We have had several single women guests that have stayed with us up to 3 months and a few have returned so I would guess they were very comfortable travel alone.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

Hi,

I too am a single woman and am looking at vacationing in Costa Rica on my own. I think it's relatively safe. A friend of mine (also a single female) actually lived there on her for a couple of years with no issues. She did move back to Canada as she wanted to be closer to family but loved living there.

Hope this helps!!!

7. Re: Single Female Travelling to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 05:16