We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flight to San Jose from Singapore

queensland
Level Contributor
433 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap flight to San Jose from Singapore

I will be coming from Singapore and cannot seem to find a good flight to San Jose. Does anyone know of the best city to fly from to get to San Jose at a reasonable cost. I have approximately 10 days to get to Costa Rica so could fly from Mexico if that was a cheaper way to get to Costa Rica. Are there any budget airlines where I can get a cheap flight. When I did a search from Singapore to Costa Rica the cheapest flight was $1200US one way with two stops, surely there has to be a better and cheaper way. Hope someone in the know can help, appreciate any ideas, thank you

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flight to San Jose from Singapore

The cheapest flight to the U.S. looks to be about $740 into New York on Air India (using July as an example). From there, you can fly to SJO on Spirit Air for $180. So, $920 all in. But you have to fly on Spirit, which may not be ideal.

A better option might be to fly on JetBlue out of New York for about $213 (their schedule only shows to the end of March).

One stop to NYC and one stop to SJO.

Mentioned in this post
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Cheap flight to San Jose from Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19