We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day itinerary

LondonUK
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
14 day itinerary

So we've booked our flights.

We are travelling on the 12 Feb and returning on the 26 Feb

So far we have the following itinerary and wondered what people would recommend to fill in the other days. Are there places we shouldn't miss etc?

We are 4 early to mid thirties and are really excited about finally getting to Costa Rica, any tips would be really appreciated. I also think it's going to be wise to hire a car/4x4 would that be what most people recommend?

12 Feb Fly from UK - Santa Ana San Jose

13 Feb Explore San Jose - another night in Santa Ana San Jose

14 Feb Travel to El Castillo La Fortuna

15 Feb Explore La Fortuna - another night in El Castillo La Fortuna

16 Feb

17 Feb

18 Feb

19 Feb

20 Feb

21 Feb

22 Feb

23 Feb

24 Feb

25 Feb Travel to Santa Ana San Jose Night in Santa Ana San Jose

26 Feb San Jose and fly back to UK

LondonUK
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day itinerary

Also the 23 rd to the 25 Feb we are in Montezuma

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,878 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day itinerary

Sure there are lots of great places to explore but it would really help to know what interests you most and what you were hoping to see on this trip. Arenal is great for hotsprings, volcano hike, waterfall hikes, ziplines, hanging bridges, whitewater rafting and more. 3-4 nights there would be a good start.

After that we need to know if you prefer beach time, cloudforests, wildlife, rainforests? Are you looking for deserted beaches or prefer to be close to restauarnts and nightlife?

LondonUK
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day itinerary

I don't think we have a real big plan.

I know we don't want to spend the whole of the holiday driving.

I know we would like to do some activities such as ziplining, whitewater rafting etc. I assume La Fortuna is near arenal so maybe could add another couple of nights nearby to?

I'd love to see some wildlife, so I'm thinking 3/4 days activity, 3/4 days wildlife, and 3/4 days beach time?

The rest travelling/resting?

LondonUK
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day itinerary

Also is it easy to hire a car?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 day itinerary

Justin, you should really get a guide book, or browse the web, for more info about Costa Rica. Otherwise the advices given here will all sound too unfamiliar to you. Basically with 2 weeks, you can explore either Pacific either Caribbean side, with a couple of days in Arenal area.

6. Re: 14 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:18