We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth Going to Tabacon?

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Worth Going to Tabacon?

Hi,

We're traveling to costa rica in a few days and had a question. In Arenal, if we are staying at the Arenal Manoa which has its own hot springs, is it worth spending a day at Tabacon's hot springs as well (day pass)? We weren't planning on doing any specific massages or anything or dinner.

Thank you!

Also any restaurant recommendations in La Fortuna would be great.

Waterloo, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

I was just at Tabacon hot springs January 13 th. This was my second time and it was worth every penny. I have always stayed at the hotel as they include the hot spring pass for 2 days for 2 people so when you factor in the $60+ per person price for the hot springs the cost of the one night at the hotel is a good deal. My wife has been there about 4 times and loves it. We met people staying at other hotels that payed to come to Tabacon hot springs for the day. The buffet dinner at the hot springs was very good.

If your looking for a romantic get away for two people you will not want to miss Tabacon Hot Springs.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

There is nothing like Tabacon Hot Spring, and if you stay a resort it includes entrance to hot springs. There are better hotels in the area, but the springs are truly the best.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

TABACON nice yes in your case I really think is not worth it...it is to much money...specially that your hotel offer some kind of Hot Springs...

Tabacon is really nice but getting close to be a ripp off...way to expensive!

roadadvisor

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

I've been to Tabacon Hot Spring on a day-pass because we stayed at a hotel which didn't have any hot springs and loved it. I was there very late in the evening when it was little cold and drizzling and it was heavenly sitting under the hot springs hitting hard on your back. But, after 30-60 minutes I felt I had enough and left. Even though I loved it I felt it's a ridiculous amount to pay.

I am going back to Arenal in Spring and we are staying at Kokoro which includes Hot Springs. If I find the Hot springs there is really hopeless, than I will decide to get ripped off again at Tabacon just so my family can experience it once.

If you plan to stay only one night in Arenal, you are better off booking your stay at Tabacon.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

Thanks everyone!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

You are WELCOME...please enjoy our country as much as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

I say that Tabicon is well worth experiencing at least once. It really is something special. I disagree about the buffet however. I found the food to be mediocre at best and way overpriced. There are many better places to eat in the area.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

Luis, I believe you are picking us up from the airport tomorrow! So We will see you in little over a day!

pura vida!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

Great I am on my way to SJO...I will see you guys soon happy landing...!

I know you will love Costa Rica!

roadadv isor.

10. Re: Worth Going to Tabacon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22