We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga in Costa Rica

NYC
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Yoga in Costa Rica

hello all, I have a last minute opportunity to take vacation at the end of February. I really want to visit a yoga retreat in Costa Rica, close to the beach where I can also learn surfing. I would also like to mention that I am traveling by myself, so safety is of a major concern. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Anna

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

You can look at the Tamarindo area. Just google "yoga in Tamarindo" and you will see a bunch.

If you end up in Tamarindo - or nearby - then plan on flying into LIR which is 4 hours closer to Tamarindo than SJO.

I would also check the Caribbean coast -- Samasati is a very well-known yoga retreat in a "jungle" kind of setting overlooking the beach. Also check www.puertoviejosatellite.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

You could also check out OM in Cocles on the Caribbean. Accomodations, yoga, surfing across the street and some pretty amazing chocolate right there too.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

Take a look at The Surf Inn in Playa Hermosa

http://surfinnhermosa.com/ They have a great reputation in the area. Playa Hermosa is pretty advanced for surfing but if you indicate you're a beginning, they should be able to tailor a class to you in calmer waters. Good luck!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
733 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

Several very reputable and well-known yoga schools in Nosara, and a great place to learn how to surf. Malpais/Santa Teresa is another area I'd look at. I don't think the wave at Playa Hermosa is well suited to beginners, and for me I'd also shy away from the beach break at Cocles (Puerto Viejo area) as a learning wave.

5. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 18:35
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

There are few good yoga retreats in Manuel Antonio, which is also a place near to the sea where you can also learn surfing. You can check retreats like The Center for Epic Living, Spa Holis Wellness Center, Prana Rainforest Retreat etc.

Edited: 31 January 2014, 09:50
7. Re: Yoga in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19