We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best located All-Inclusive

Turners Falls...
1 post
Save Topic
Best located All-Inclusive

My husband and I are looking to book an all-inclusive in Costa Rica. I want to make sure that I'm not too far away from doing outside activities (I'd like to possibly to a canopy tour, Arenal, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve), but I want to also be on a really nice swimmable beach. Any suggestions? Thanks! (we also prefer no children resorts)

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best located All-Inclusive

There are almost no "adults only" all-inclusives in Costa Rica. The Occidental Grand Papagayo is one of them.

In addition, most of the AI's - and there aren't a lot - are located in the northwest of Costa Rica and closer to LIR airport rather than SJO airport.

It's really not feasible to do day trips to Arenal or Monteverde due to the travel time necessary to get there -- 3-4 hours, one way. Look here for distances and travel times: www.yourtravelmap.com

I would consider going the non-AI route for Costa Rica. There is excellent lodging wherever you go as well as great restaurants to choose from.

Most people split their time between a beach location and a mountain/volcano location such as Arenal.

This might give you some ideas: www.anywherecostarica.com This website has some excellent descriptions of the various areas of Costa Rica.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best located All-Inclusive

I second going the NON All Inclusive route.

Costa Rica isn't the "All Inclusive" destination that places like Mexico and Jamaica are. Staying at an AI in Cota Rica actually limits you, and takes away from everything Costa Rica has to offer.

3. Re: Best located All-Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18