We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical June weather...

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Typical June weather...

Hey all,

We are really digging the Uvita/Dominical area for a June vacation, but realize that it will probably rain at least part of each day... what does a typical day in June look like there? We could also go to Tamarindo, which I understand is much drier during early summer, but are craving more of an off-beat, unique place. Thoughts?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical June weather...

Just go to Uvita. It will rain, for sure, in short bursts for about 30-60 min during the day. Last June, it usually rained once a day, somewhere between 1 - 4 pm. Evenings were dry, some with clouds rolling from the ocean which makes great background for fantastic sunsets. Mornings were all sunny and warm. During night, stronger or longer rainfall can develop yet you will not mind the refreshing it will bring into your room.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical June weather...

Dominical is very nice and it will rain a little bit more than Tamarindo. But noboby should worry about rain in June.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical June weather...

Hey thanks! We are thinking of flying into SJ, then staying at or near the beach for 3-4 days before heading up into the rainforest a bit for another 2-4 days. Are there any places that would be decent for snorkeling (i.e., should we lug our fins and masks or just leave them at home, my wife is a water hound and really wants to see some fish). Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,059 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical June weather...

June is a great time to visit, one of my favorite months... Right now it is abysmal... dry, windy, basically a dust bowl... Always better to visit after May.

IMO leave the mask and flippers at home. We have poor visibility in the best of conditions and you are coming during the rainy season which makes it even worse. Only places really worth snorkeling or diving from the mainland are Cahuita and Cano Island. Either way you can always rent equipment here. Have a blast on vaca!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical June weather...

Whoot whoot! I am all for leaving the gear at home, I'll just need to to convince her. BTW, I am working up a budget for food/drinks and wanted to know how much I should plan on budgeting per day? We like to drink, but only beer, and are fine with buying a 6 pack per day from a local grocery store. We are also pretty laid back about local/street food options, we definitely don't need a 5-star meal every day. How much does a beer cost in the average bar? A moderate lunch? THANK YOU!

6. Re: Typical June weather...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:20