We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best time of the year for visiting Osa Peninsula

pasadena, ca
Level Contributor
80 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best time of the year for visiting Osa Peninsula

Can you please tell me what the best month for visiting Osa Peninsula is? I understand about wet and dry seasons but I am worried that it will be too hot to visit during the peak of the dry season. Is it the case?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best time of the year for visiting Osa Peninsula

Rain and humidity are bigger issues than heat, which is not a big issue actually. We found it perfect in February. Temperature will not vary much by month anyways this close to the equator.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 22:09
Ottawa
Level Contributor
369 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best time of the year for visiting Osa Peninsula

I've been to the Osa many times in March and once in August and I find both times of year to be great. The heat really does not vary much, as Racandee said. It can be very dry in March because there's generally little rainfall so sometimes things are not as lush. August is during the rainy season and we found it a perfect balance….hot, sunny mornings with rain usually in the late afternoon or evenings. Everything was very green. The reason we usually go in March, of course, is to escape the snow and cold for a while. That probably isn't an issue for you though!

Mentioned in this post
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
3. Re: What is the best time of the year for visiting Osa Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:19