We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from SJO to Limon

Alameda, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Distance from SJO to Limon

Is it reasonable to fly into SJO and take a shuttle/car/etc to Limon. How long of a trip? Thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

www.yourtravelmap.com

And yes, it's reasonable - people do it all the time!

Alameda, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

Thank you. I searched and found that link as well. Looks like a 3 hour trip. That might just work out.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

Why Limon?

Alameda, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

Just starting my research. I'm only there for a few days and want a nice beach. So far, the other choice was Jaco and I just wasn't feeling it. Doesn't have to be Limon.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

You really need to plan on visiting one of the beaches south of the town of Limon which is a port town and not that pleasant. Another hour or so will put you in Cahuita or Puerto Viejo which are both beautiful areas. www.puertoviejosatellite.com

Another "close" beach is Playa Hermosa anywherecostarica.com/destinations/hermosa-b… or Playa Bejuco - not that far from Jaco but lots nicer. Depending on what you are looking for in the way of lodging, you can also look at Punta Leona. Dominical is also very popular on the Pacific coast.

If you fly into LIR Liberia, the closest beaches - Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste) and Playa Ocotal are about 30 minutes from the airport.

6. Re: Distance from SJO to Limon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18