We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Nicoyo Peninsula

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Nicoyo Peninsula

My family of 4, two adults and two teenagers 17/20 We are going over Christmas and don't know whether to stay in Langcosta or Tamarindo. We will take days trips, and my husband and son want to take surfing lessons. Is Langcosta close enough to walk into town. The other option is to stay at a resort but we want to be able to cook. I would like a pool either way and activity. Is there enough to do if we stay in this area, such as day trips? We have never been to Costa Rica.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Nicoyo Peninsula

There is plenty to do in that area. You can look at Trip Advisor Vacation Rentals or Homeaway or VRBO. Langosta is close to Tamarindo, yes. A longish walk - but can be done.

You can also consider the Playas del Coco or Playa Hermosa area because either of these are closer to "inland" activities - but - if your teenagers are avid surfers, then the Tamarindo area is better.

A great trip would be boat trip through Palo Verde National Park - check www.elviejowetlands.com and also the One Day Pass at Guachipelin www.hotelguachipelin.com

There's also rafting through Rios Tropicales on the Cucaracho River or the Rio Tenorio and a float trip that starts at Rincon Corobici restaurant.

If your teens are avid surfers, a visit to Playa Avellenas or Playa Negra would be in order - surfing movies have been made there.

2. Re: Where to stay in Nicoyo Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17