We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Plans/Airport

Kentucky
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Plans/Airport

Pending my daughter receiving her vacation request approval, she and I plan to fly into Costa Rica June 5 and go same day to Arenal Nayara for 3 nights, then on to Arenas del Mar in the Manuel Antonio area for 4 nights, then to Xandari in Alajuela for 2 nights before flying home from the San Jose airport. We haven't yet booked anything, but most likely will use Tucan Limo for transportation to each location. I had initially planned to fly in and out of San Jose but am wondering...assuming the airfare was not significantly different...if anyone would recommend flying into Liberia and out of San Jose instead?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Plans/Airport

For the places you are going, probably better to fly into SJO. If you altered your itinerary to Arenal, Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste) and Rincon de la Vieja - then LIR would be better. Look here for distances and travel times: www.yourtravelmap.com

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,952 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Plans/Airport

Same time driving to La Fortuna / Arenal from Liberia or San Jose. I am sure Tucan Limo transfer price will be lower for SJO-Arenal as their offices are in San Jose.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
54 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Plans/Airport

Thank you.

4. Re: Trip Plans/Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18