Thanks to everyone here @ TA, helped me a lot to plan my Trip.
I have the following itinerary with a lot of questions, sometimes I feel it’s too much. We are in our early 30s with a 3yr old who loves to walk, We like to hike nature/waterfall/see wildlife and don’t mind driving but not to point that we waste a day unless it’s absolutely necessary. Please let me know what I can do to make the trip easier.
I have planned an itinerary for 8 day in first week of May
Day 1 - SJO - Hotel#1
Day 2 - Drive to Baru hike nauyaca - Manuel Antonio- Back to Hotel #1
Day 3 - Ruins of Ujarras/Orosi, Drive to Samara - Samara Hotel#2
(I think this is the longest drive)
Day 4 - Stop @ Llanos de Cortez,Bagaces - Tilaran Hotel#3
Day 5 - Monteverde area - Back to Tilaran Hotel #3
Day 6 - Tenorio NP - Caño Negro Boat Tour- La Fortuna Hotel # 4
Day 7 - Arenal area - Hotel # 4
Day 8 - Poas NP- La paz Garden/Hike - Bjos del toro - Poas Hotel #5
Day 9 - Return Rental Car - SJO
Cahuita NP was part of the plan but skipped it cuz of time.
1) Is there a better way to cover these areas? is this too much shifting of hotels?/too many places?, I am not a fan of going to many hotels but looks like this way I make a loop and spend more time in places than driving to and from Hotels.
2) Should I trust Google maps with the time it takes to go from one place to another, I mean average? I have been told its takes more than that but Google even includes traffic.
3) I would like to see wild life, which places should I get really get a guide if I have to pick one Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Arenal?
4) What is a good plan for Monteverde area to see wild life (Cloud forest/ Santa Elena)? Are butterfly gardern/ Orchid garden worth going to? Are there any Sky Tram/ Hanging Bridge here?
5) Will I be able to do Rio Celeste Hike and Catch the Boat Tour at Cano Negro? I see a lot of tours picking up from hotels at 7am, if I drive to Los Chiles are there local tours available there in the afternoon/evening?
6) What is a good plan for Arenal, Will I have enough time to hike arenal, do Sky Tram then hike La Fortuna Falls. How long is each going to take? Should I skip any? Should i do Arenal Hanging Bridges for birds/Wildlife?
8) How long is La Paz hike to waterfalls? Can we do Poas NP, La Paz Garden, Del toro waterfall hike in one day?
9) Please let me know your suggesions/opinion.
Thanks in advance for all the help.