We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another great trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
another great trip.

My grandson and I just spent a fabulous two weeks in CR. So sad to go home today.

Monte Verde 3 nights at Rainbow Valley Lodge was perfect. Lovely views, close to town and amazing staff. Did 3 private tours that were amazing. Saw many birds and animals.Private tour is a must.

Arsenal 2 nights at Hotel Bijagua was perfect. Great location with lovely garden. Both days were amazingly clear to full view the volcano. Proyecto Basis is a must.

Safari float and stop at pumas centre on way to the pacific was excellent.

Playa Buena vista - Hotel Flying Crocodile for 3 nights was just not enough. My favorite spot. Hotel is excellent. Beach was amazing. I loved the solitude. Rarely a sole on the beach. Howlers everywhere.

Next over to Samara for 5 nights. 2 at entre does aguas. Lovely spot. Beautiful gardens. Little paradise of the main road. Then 3 nights at the Treehouse Samara. Amazing spot right on the beach. Treehouse room not available but the poolside was just fine. Had a nice crowd there that made it perfect. Lo Q hay next door had amazing food. My grandson surfed, we did an amazing ATV trip around the area and went on dolphin tour. All was amazing.

At Vida tropical B and B in Alajuala. This is my new spot for airport travel. What a lovely little place in a great area. We spent hours in the park watching kid feed pigeons and squirrels. My grandson didn't want to leave as some of the local kids were showing him how to catch a pigeon.

My best time yet in CR. Very happy with my choices. Met wonderful people, had great meals, saw much wildlife. As always Costa Rica does not dissapoint.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another great trip.

Lovely report! Who was your private guide in Monteverde?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another great trip.

Olman Gonzalas- through Forest Alive. He was wonderful. We did a half day tour with him in at both Selvatura the first day, and Curi Chancha the next. Also a night tour which was amazing too. He went out of his way to make sure we saw everything there was to see.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another great trip.

Now that I think about it , you did recommend Forest Alive. Thanks Xelas. Andres was not available but he did set us up with a great guide in Olman.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: another great trip.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I think Andy is again on one of his long tours. Good to hear that his guide was up to the task. One more inside Q by PM. Cheers!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: another great trip.

Many thanks for the TR and recommendations. Sounds like a wonderful two weeks! We're headed there next week ... I've contacted Forest Alive to see if they are available for some tours ... hope I'm not too late to book them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: another great trip.

Great report ...yes we also love Costa Rica...well we natives do!

roadadisor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: another great trip.

Susan - you will love the guided tour. Our highlight of our trip. My grandson is still talking about things he learned from Olman. I'm sure he learned more than he would of being in school. Perhaps he'll school our teachers here.

Lous... lucky you to live in such a beautiful country. You have a lot to be proud of.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: another great trip.

He lesab - we're confirmed for the 3 tours that you did ... very excited about this - thank you for the inspiration! I've also booked Proyecto Asis. It's our first trip to Costa Rica...looking forward to it!

Thanks again,

Susan

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: another great trip.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. We got lucky at the night tour and saw a kinkajou and silver fox along with a lot of insects, viper and birds sleeping. cutter ants also and a sloth. It was really amazing just walking in the forest at night. Day tours - many birds. Especially at Selvatura.

On the way to Curi Changa we stopped at a tree where there were so many amazing birds. We must of been there for 40 minutes. it was amazing.

Proyecto Asis was amazing also,. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

10. Re: another great trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:17