We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIberia 6 nights 7 days. Please help in iternary suggestions

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
39 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
LIberia 6 nights 7 days. Please help in iternary suggestions

Hi Everybody!

We are arriving to Liberia June 13th and flying back June 20th for 6 nights. We are in our 30s with a sense of adventure and are interested in the suspension bridges, zip lining, water cayoneering, horseback riding, and relaxing in the hot springs. I would like to see the volcano but definitely can skip it I will need to sacrifice 2 days just to see it far away in the clouds. Please help in planning where in CR we should go with only 6 days. We will be arriving apprx at 8pm on June 13th. Should we attempt to drive out of Liberia or stay the night at a close hotel. I want to take advantage of the beauty and adventure or CR without spending too much time traveling. Also, is a rental car a must for us or can we take a bus around these different parts of CR? Any recommendations appreciated!

Naugatuck...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LIberia 6 nights 7 days. Please help in iternary suggestions

Hi. I would not drive myself at nite. Guechepelin was outstanding, If you need a tour guide Freddie Montero http://www.costaricaprivatetours.net. was the best. He will take good care of you. Paul.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LIberia 6 nights 7 days. Please help in iternary suggestions

1. I think you will be OK to drive yourself to Guachipelin the first night. While we usually don't recommend driving long distances at night, it's really only about 35-45 minutes from LIR to Guachipelin. You take the highway that goes past the airport (Rt 21) to Rt 1 at Liberia, then turn left (north) and about 5 minutes after that, you turn right towards Curubande and Guachipelin. It's about 10 minutes from the turnoff to the hotel.

2. There's no need to go all the way to Arenal - you can have plenty of "volcano adventures" in Rincon de la Vieja and do the One Day Adventure Pass at Guachipelin for the rest. For whitewater rafting, you can check Rios Tropicales for the Rio Tenorio or the Rio Cucaracho. Guachipelin can arrange your horseback riding - or anything else you want to do!

3. Re: LIberia 6 nights 7 days. Please help in iternary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:16