We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

Hello, It's my first time in costa rica and I'm by wildlife, nature, outdoor activities. I'm just not quite too sure about my itinerary so if I could get some advice it would be much appreciated! :)

I'll be using public transportation.

Flying to SJO arrive at 12pm

2 days in Tortuguero

bussing to Arenal (1 day)

4 days Arenal/monteverde

Bus to Tamarindo

5-6 days in Tamarindo/Santa teresa for surfing

I really want to rafting the Pacuare river (3 days - transportation/1 days rafting )

Ending my trip at the Corcovado Park for a multi day trek (5 days at least)

Back to San jose

Let me know what you think !

Thank you!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

With 4 weeks you will have enough time to do all on your wish list. Do Rio Pacuare first thing with onward transportation to Tortuguero. Be aware that you cannot do Monteverde as a day trip from Arenal; instead stay at least 1 full day (2 nights). Between Tamarindo and Santa Teresa I would opt for Santa Teresa. End your trip at Puerto Jimenez on Osa. Be aware that you will need a guide for your trek into Corcovado NP, and 5 days might become costly. Usual time is 3 days (day 1 trek in, day 2 explore around La Sirena, day 3 trek out). Make day 4 and day 5 for your relax after demanding trek. However, there might be other possibilities of trekking inside the Corcovado NP apart of above mentioned.

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

Thank you for all the advices! :)

Yes i was planning on 3 days hike in Corcovado and the 2 others days was for the transportation to go and back to San jose. Also I totally forgot but i will want to go visit a coffee and cacao bean farm do you know any place that is worth to go in Costa Rica?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

For coffee there is Doka near San Jose and also one in Monteverde area (of course there is plenty of coffee farms all over the country some bigger some smaller). Cacao is tougher as the fungi has all but cancelled the cacao plantations: there is a small patch and a related tour at Titrimbina in Sarapiqui, and one between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo on the Caribbean side. Others surely exists yet they are much smaller in size, mostly for house use.

4. Re: 4 weeks itinerary Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16