We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for three weeks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for three weeks

It is really a hard job to plan the trip in Costa Rica! So many places attracting me. We will get to the Airport in May 6, please give me some advices for my Itinerary? Glacias!

1) The SJO Airport, one night, Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica

2) Sightseeing around Alajuela, three nights, Hotel La Rosa de America

3) Sightseeing around Santa Clara, three nights, Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica

4) Sightseeing around Arenal, three nights, hotel not decided

5) Sightseeing around Monteverde, four nights, hotel not decided

6) Sightseeing around Quepos, four nights, hotel not decided

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,280 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for three weeks

ad 1. there is no need to stay first at hotel Aeropuerto as La Rosa de Amerivca is, what, 15 min from the airport?! Just take a taxi and drive directly to La Rosa.

ad 2. now already 4 nights, so keep it 3 nights; that will give you 2 full days to explore around

ad 3. Santa Clara is in general vicinity of Arenal; if one day is Projecto Asis, what are you planning to explore on second day?

ad 4. saying this, two full days are not enough in Arenal; so Santa Clara 2 nights and Arenal 4 nights

ad 5. again, four nights might be a day too long at Monteverde; if not a hardcore birder, 3 nights are good enough

ad 6. Quepos?! Or do you mean Manuel Antonio? Anyway if it is about exploring then skip both and drive a bit south towards Dominical/Uvita area. Much better base for exploring around different microclimates

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for three weeks

Thank your very much, Xelas.

Many good suggestions.

We choose Santa Clara because of the Tree House. I really like it after reading the review. I may short it for two nights.

Monteverde, four nights, too long, good, short it to three night.

Dominical/Uvita, add to my Itinerary!

Thank you again.

3. Re: Itinerary for three weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:15