We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to SJO

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Returning to SJO

Hello,

I will be traveling for the first time in my life and I have chosen to go to Costa Rica. I have most of everything planned, but I wanted to know a couple of things, if someone could help me.

What is the cheapest way I can get from San Jose to SJO airport? I don't want to pay $30 for a taxi. Most of my budget for this trip is going into travel costs by bus, shuttle, etc.

Also, how did people find navigating the local buses in Costa Rica like? I'm trying to get to the Atlantico Norte bus stop in San Jose but I have no idea what buses go where to drop me off close to that bus stop. Where do I look?

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to SJO

From the airport to SJO you can take one of the red bus that are outside. Easy to find and heap 1$ if I remember. To go to the Atlantic terminal we took a taxi from SJO downtown, was 2 or 3$

Have fun!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to SJO

The Tuasa buses (big red bus) run frequently between San Jose and Alajuela where SJO is located. It's about $1 - pay the driver in colones. Just take a taxi from wherever you are in San Jose to the Tuasa bus station. Be sure to ask the driver before you get on......"Aeropuerto?" to make sure he stops there.

This might help: costa-rica-guide.com/travel/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Alajuela
Alajuela
Province of Alajuela, Costa Rica
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning to SJO

Thank you for your advice! I found it very helpful when I was over at Costa Rica for my first solo trip!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
4. Re: Returning to SJO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 07:16