I am here asking for advice on the following:
1. Places to visit based on information below
2. Places to stay at based on information below
3. Tour company vs. independent based on information below
Trip goals / information
1. My boyfriend and I (I am a Venezuelan American who speaks Spanish fluently) are in our late 20s / early 30s
2. Budget per person: $1500 including plane tickets, hotel, meals, etc
3. Interests: beaches, authentic Costa Rican experience (not Americanized i.e. going to sodas vs. American restaurants), parasailing, hiking, seeing wildlife, seeing a volcano, waterfall, hot springs
4. Cities: we are pretty open so long we can experience what we are interested in in just 7 days (may seem like a lot, I know..)
5. We like doing things on our own, want to relax but also do some exploring, we love the outdoors, and I do speak Spanish fluently so that shouldn't be a problem
6. We won't be there for Easter weekend incase you're wondering... I know it falls in March
Please be specific and any details / links will help.. list of budget but tasty Costa Rican restaurants, we aren't picky about where we stay if we can enjoy the Costa Rican beauty (i.e. we don't need a TV in our room, although warm water would be nice).
Thank you for your help!