We are a family of 3 (couple+8 year old girl) visiting CR for first time. Our trip is from Dec 21st (landing 6:30am in SJO) to Dec 30 (6am flight).
Below is potential iteniary:
21st through 24th am in Arenal/Fontana area
24th and 25th in Monteverde
26th, 27, 28, 29 the in Manuel Antonio or Samara or Tamarindo
29th night stay in SJO
I wanted to checkin with your experts and see if
1. Is 2 nights too less in Monteverde?
2. Goal in Arenal is to relax and see nature, take hikes, and not do too many things (like ziplinging, rafting). we can do those things if time permits. I havent looked at hotels yet but would really appreciate if you can suggest some that allow for easy access to trails. Do you recommeded any tour guides?
3. We would love to end the trip with visit beach and relax for few days but would prefer something less crowded but closer to nature. Open to Samara, Tamarindo. Your thoughts are appreciated.
4. I hear that Monteverde is best for cloud forest..can we do that in Arenal as well?
5. Given this is our first time, I am unsure if I shoud rent a car or shuttle. One option I am thinking is that we take shuttle to Arenal, rent is arenal/fontana area only. What are thoughts from this group.
6. Our flight from SJO is @ 7:40am on 30th, good hotel close by? Typically does the hotel provide shuttle or do we need to get a cab @ 5am.
-Thanks much in Advance