We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

The Costa Rican "heroes" of the World Cup will be returning on Tuesday, about mid-day, according to news reports.

Anyone flying into SJO that day should be aware that there will be pandemonium and huge crowds. So don't count on things going smoothly. If possible, I would change your flight to another day. Otherwise, just have some patience and understand what a tremendous thing this is for all Costa Rica.

Heck, I might even be there in the crowd welcoming them home!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

Good heads up, Hattie! They will be receiving a heroes' welcome as is deserved and the airport will be surrounded by thousands of grateful fans. Wish I could be there too.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

Was cheering for them last night. Hope they get the welcome they deserve!

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

Hattie,

We are so proud of the Tico team! But... We are flying in at 7pm on Tuesday. Does anyone know the exact flight the team will be on? I know how crazy normal celebrations can be like but I'm hopefull that by the time we arrive it will be over. Am I being optimistic or do you think we really should suck up the change fee and change to a Wed. arrival?

Muchas Gracias

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

The information I have says they should arrive around mid-day, Joyce. Maybe you can verify this to be sure.

It that's the case, I would think that if you are arriving at 7 pm, the "hoopla" will be over at the airport -- but -- I would avoid downtown San Jose, for sure.

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

Thanks, Hattie. I avoid downtown San Jose even on a "slow" day!

6. Re: Costa Rica's Soccer Team is Returning on Tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16