We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosara, Santa Teresa & La Fortuna - Best Travel Order?

Calgary, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nosara, Santa Teresa & La Fortuna - Best Travel Order?

Hi, my wife and I are planning a Costa Rica trip this September and am wondering what is the best travel order is, ie most efficient/easiest if we go to the 3 subject locations. We fly into Liberia. We are fine with either driving or flying or both, whatever is makes for the easiest vacation! We are going for about 2.5 weeks.

Thanks!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nosara, Santa Teresa & La Fortuna - Best Travel Order?

In a way, it doesn't really matter what the order is. But maybe put La Fortuna in between the two beach locations.

Look here for distances and travel times: www.yourtravelmap.com

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nosara, Santa Teresa & La Fortuna - Best Travel Order?

I suggest that you start either at the beach (Nosara, then Santa Teresa) then go across on the ferry and do the inland route to San Ramon and on to La Fortuna then around Lake Arenal and back to Liberia making a circle route so that you are not retracing your steps. You could also do the reverse La Forutna, Santa Teresa, Nosara. If you are on the Nicoya Peninsula, you may as well hit both beach locations together or you will be driving back and forth across the peninsula more times than you want to.

Depending on when your flight arrives and when it leaves, you may have to stay close to Liberia or in Liberia so take that into consideration.

3. Re: Nosara, Santa Teresa & La Fortuna - Best Travel Order?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:15