We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vamos Car Rental

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Vamos Car Rental

Hello,

For those who booked online with Vamos, was the price quoted exactly what you paid?

Thanks.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vamos Car Rental

I haven't ever had a surprise with them, but I always call and discuss... I make the same suggestion to everyone renting a car in Costa Rica... be sure to get a written estimate of all the charges and I recommend getting the full insurance for added peace of mind and a smaller deposit requirement at time of rental.

Pura vida and enjoy!

Randy

Cobham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vamos Car Rental

yes it was. I actually communicated directly on email with Vamos and was able to specify my needs and got a direct quote from them. they have very responsive and I had a good exepreinec with them throughout. They picked us up at airport (clear sign), brought us in our vehicle to rental office 9Less then 10 minutes away) to do the paperwork and on our way we were for our 2 week trip. Cars are certainly not the newest, but they work. And i don't think you want a too new car in CR anyway. I say cars, as we had some trouble with AC. But they replaced the car the next day by driving a replacement car to our location and deducted a one day rental fee. I realize we were in the low season, so for us everything went very smootly. I can ceratinly recommend them. price was also less then comeptitors. Good value for money.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vamos Car Rental

We're renting for the third time from Vamos in August. Each times, I used the Costa Rica Discount card to gain 20% off the base rental fee (insurance doesn't get discounted), saving me at least $100 after the price of the card on the rental.

each time, I've done the online reservation without completing the confirmation, then used the live chat function to get the final quote with discount (there's nowhere on the website to put in the discount code) and confirmation/credit card authorization. I've dealth with Anibal each of these times and he's been great.

4. Re: Vamos Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 05:16