We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0220hqb/episodes/guide

Lovely sloths and anteater on BBC, think iplayer will only work from UK computers. You have 7 days left to view, was amazing!

:-)

PS- places involved in filming...

Kids Saving the Rainforest, Manuel Antonio

Nosara Wildlife Refuge

Sibu Sanctuary

London
Level Contributor
421 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

I saw it, it was fantastic. I'd thought for a while that Costa Rica was somewhere I'd quite fancied, now I am sure it is! Just go to start saving.

England
Level Contributor
451 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

Yes, made sure the family watched it to get them excited for our trip next year. Those people are so dedicated , the hours they put into caring for the animals,but so sad about the tiny baby sloth. What I did wonder though - do people really dial 911 if they find an abandoned baby sloth? I'm sure that's what the manager of the sanctuary said happened.?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

So nice to read about the comments from meezersuk…

Yes most people will call 911 or the nearest police station…very few people will hurt them…

Not long ago driving by La Tigra road to Arenal Volcano…a huge sloth was crossing the road…we call them PERESOSOS…meaning lazy…they move so slow…it took him or her maybe 45 minutes to cross the road…I turn on my flashers…and seat and wait…incredible nice looking creatures…

From Bajo Rodriguez to El Molino…great chances to see sloths hanging at the fence…or at electrical cables…that path of the road is also on the way to Arenal Volcano...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

Did not see the special but some of us here in the forum are lucky enough to live here. We get the live show!

Glad you enjoyed the program and thanks for letting folks know about it in the forum. Sloths are an evolutionary enigma and one of the most unique creatures on the planet I think.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

Thanks for posting!

6. Re: UK residents- did you see this tonight? Baby slothies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16