We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy tours

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
337 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Canopy tours

I am looking for the safest, most adventurous canopy tour in either the Arenal or Monteverde area. Is one area better than the other?

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
892 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Bushmaster Adventures Costa Rica
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manakin Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Central American Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy tours

I would say Sky Trek in either one.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy tours

Agreed, SkyTrek at either one would be fine. Having been on several different canopy tours in CR over the years I can tell you, IMHO, the differences between the different tours are greatly overblown. Most people that tell you one or the other is the absolute best are basing that on having been on only the one they are recommending. If one is better than another the difference is really marginal and you'll probably have a blast whereever you decide to do it. As big a factor as anything else is which place fits into your schedule best of where you are going, how long you will be there and what else you're trying to fit into that location. If you've got the extra time and are looking for something else to do in Montreverde, do the Canopy Tour there, otherwise do it near Arenal.

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
892 Reviews
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy tours

I like the canopy tour at Arenal Paraiso. For the highest tour, go to San Lorenzo -- 1 1/2 hours from Arenal. Every canopy tour I've been on felt very safe.

Sandy

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
892 Reviews
Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canopy tours

We went on the Selvatura Canopy Tour (http://www.selvatura.com/) and we had a blast.

The company is in the process of completing a new building to accommodate the people going on the tour.

I would highly recommend that you bring latex gloves to wear inside the ones that they give you. They were REALLY nasty and smelled of B.O. from all the sweaty hands that used them before. The crew does a good job of explaining what will happen and they make sure you are safely fastened to the cables at each stage. The Tarzan swing was the highlight of our trip. The hanging bridges were OK. We didnt see any wildlife other than birds. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Mentioned in this post
Selvatura Park
Selvatura Park
3,260 Reviews
Monteverde, Costa Rica
5. Re: Canopy tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:21